The Center for Aging in Place assists groups with information, services, and support. We will help you organize the talent, skills and enthusiasm of residents who want to age in place. We provide you with the tools needed to create an aging in place program that best meets the needs of residents in your community.
- Aging in Place Toolkit - a "how to" guide with instructions, templates and forms to get you started
- Access to MyAIP™, a proprietary database that helps groups track members, volunteers and services
- Liability Insurance Excess Accident Medical Coverage, Volunteer Liability and Automobile Liability Insurance
- Monthly networking "Village Council" meetings that bring together local Aging in Place groups to discuss common issues and share solutions
Education and Training
- The Volunteer Patient Advocacy Training educates and empowers AIP members to serve as volunteer patient advocates for family members and friends, thereby enabling them to become partners in their own care. The training offers basic advocacy skills to help members gain access to quality care.
- Guest speakers present on topics relevant to AIP group leaders and volunteers, such as fundraising, program evaluations and outcomes, and new technologies to empower communities.